Ir para conteúdo
Chase History

Windows 10 anniversary update fps issue fix

Roflolmao

Posts Recomendados

Roflolmao    116

If anyone of you are experiencing Lag / FPS drop from the latest update of Windows 10, you are probably being told to revert back to previous version to solve the case.
I, who was ninja-updated by Windows (nice job), had experienced the case above, and solved with my own trick a week or two ago, but since it was a "ninja-update", aka not a full Anniversary Update, I was hesitated to make this thread.
However it was later confirmed with a person I helped out earlier, that my trick actually works for this issue.

So, that's a one long introducing post (cough), here's how it'll work. Note that this fix is only viable for people who are using NVIDIA Graphic Card. For the other, you can try and search for similar things and work it out.

Just follow these : 

1. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Select Manage 3D Settings
  3. Select Program Settings
  4. In 1., select main.exe. (If you can't find one, "Add" it into it)
  5. In 2., select High-performance NVIDIA processor
  6. Restart your game.

aasda.png

So far, only the person I helped out earlier and I have tried and it worked for both of us, so I can't really guarantee 100% that it'll work the same for the other, but this will be no doubt, one of the solution to the issue.
It seems that making your game run in higher performance is able to solve the issues.

For AMD Graphic Card : Add GrandChase to the game list in AMD Control Panel list.

For Intel Graphic Card : Select 3D in your Intel Properties, and select "Performance"(?).

Portuguese version : 

• Like 8
Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Deskynn    470

Nice topic - congratulations for turning into a mod!

Could you repost it in portuguese even if is google translated? I think it will help people a lot. 

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
28 minutes ago, Deskynn said:

Nice topic - congratulations for turning into a mod!

Could you repost it in portuguese even if is google translated? I think it will help people a lot. 

Thank you!

So far there are only two person (including me) that issue was solved by this method, so I don't really dare to post this solution LOL.
Although anyone is fine to repost my thread into portuguese section with, of course, portuguese-translated.

Link para o comentário

Housex    2

Awesome!

I'll try it in my computer - nice job husband - and if it works, I will post a Portuguese version of it, ok?

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
2 minutes ago, Housex said:

Awesome!

I'll try it in my computer - nice job husband - and if it works, I will post a Portuguese version of it, ok?

Sure, please do so!
Good luck!

Link para o comentário

Housex    2
1 hora atrás, Roflolmao disse:

Sure, please do so!
Good luck!

IT WORKED!

On both my computers! GZUIZ! I'm so happy - so is my husband hahaha!

I just had to do different steps, since I don't have NVIDIA graphics card - AMD and Intel here -, it would be nice if you could add this information to your topic. All I had to do is add GC to the list of games in the AMD list - the control panel is called Games and not 3D - and in the Intel, it is 3D, but no need to select high-performance.

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
17 minutes ago, Housex said:

IT WORKED!

On both my computers! GZUIZ! I'm so happy - so is my husband hahaha!

I just had to do different steps, since I don't have NVIDIA graphics card - AMD and Intel here -, it would be nice if you could add this information to your topic. All I had to do is add GC to the list of games in the AMD list - the control panel is called Games and not 3D - and in the Intel, it is 3D, but no need to select high-performance.

Oh, cool, so I guess this solution will be official then :gc15:

Link para o comentário

Housex    2
1 hora atrás, Roflolmao disse:

Oh, cool, so I guess this solution will be official then :gc15:

Not quite yet. I passed to Arch, he will be the final judge :)

Link para o comentário

Gio1906    0

Tried your solution (Intel HD Graphics 4400, i3 4010u Haswell ), but it was a no-go, sorry bruh. As I'm going to upgrade soon to an AMD APU ( Radeon R7, A10-7860k), gotta try that hotfix on there too and update you guys (IF someone with a Radeon GPU doesn't show up)

Also, poorly optimized drivers could do that? I mean, my drivers are OEM-supplied, having an Acer laptop is pretty much s**tty

Link para o comentário

Housex    2
14 minutos atrás, Gio1906 disse:

Tried your solution (Intel HD Graphics 4400, i3 4010u Haswell ), but it was a no-go, sorry bruh. As I'm going to upgrade soon to an AMD APU ( Radeon R7, A10-7860k), gotta try that hotfix on there too and update you guys (IF someone with a Radeon GPU doesn't show up)

Also, poorly optimized drivers could do that? I mean, my drivers are OEM-supplied, having an Acer laptop is pretty much s**tty

I did in a Radeon GPU and it kind of worked. I mean, I can play solo and with another player. But that's it. If I try to play with more people, it lags again.

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
48 minutes ago, Gio1906 said:

Not a technical Guru, but what Anniversary Update did was making 3D things lag, aka fps down. So, making your 3D Graphic Card do full performance should be able to fix the fps issue. And try making your laptop go full performance regardless of battery charging or not. That's all I have, good luck.

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
2 hours ago, lENDl said:

Excuse me sir :)
can you help me sir ?
why my grand chase lag when me play in dungeons ? :gc9:

Well... this thread is what you're looking for then :v
I assume you have Windows 10 Anniversary Update, updated.
So if you did, just try the options above.

Link para o comentário

Em 26/09/2016 at 11:20 AM, Housex disse:

FUNCIONOU!

Em ambos os meus computadores! GZUIZ! Eu estou tão feliz - assim é o meu marido hahaha!

Eu só tinha que fazer diferentes etapas, uma vez que não tem placa gráfica NVIDIA - AMD e Intel aqui -, seria bom se você pudesse adicionar esta informação ao seu tópico. Tudo o que tinha a fazer é adicionar GC à lista de jogos na lista AMD - o painel de controle é chamado de Jogos e não 3D - e no Intel, é 3D, mas não há necessidade de seleccionar de alto desempenho.

Bom dia, eu nao sou muito bom em pc e talz sei pouca coisa, podeira me ajudar ?: basta só colocar o setup.exe do GCH ? e reiniciar o pc ? é isso se puder chama lá facebook pfv preciso de ajuda urgente https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010372113690 

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
7 hours ago, wellingtonpk said:

Bom dia, eu nao sou muito bom em pc e talz sei pouca coisa, podeira me ajudar ?: basta só colocar o setup.exe do GCH ? e reiniciar o pc ? é isso se puder chama lá facebook pfv preciso de ajuda urgente https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010372113690 

This is an English Section, please refrain from using Portuguese in this place.

But I'll just answer it here for your sake :)
Use "main.exe", and if it asks you to restart, restart then. If the problem persists, please create a new topic under http://forum.gchistory.net/forum/158-laboratório-de-análises-da-mari-suporte/

Just in case, here's a Portuguese version.

Link para o comentário

Gibas    7

The thread in portuguese is closed so I will post here...

2e546b28bcf7bfd066083669e7a57c37.png

What to do now? I don't see the options you mention...

Editado por Gibas
Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
4 hours ago, Gibas said:

The thread in portuguese is closed so I will post here...

2e546b28bcf7bfd066083669e7a57c37.png

What to do now? I don't see the options you mention...

Try choosing "Desempenho"

Link para o comentário

Mitsuha    18

I did a reformat to "solve" it. Going through the trouble of reinstalling so many things. :( Since I cannot do a rollback anymore.

If anyone won't be able to rollback to solve the issue, then a reformat is I guess, the best solution since the Anniversary Update did not only ruin the performance of the game but the sound output as well. Sound is lowered and muffled. What a horrible thing for gamers. D*ck move Microsoft.

I'm running a GTX 970 (nvidia), and performing your solution won't solve it. It did increase the FPS by 5-10 though. Using an older driver didn't help as well. It's somehow related to how 3D rendering is done. My DirectX is completely fine, with DX9c up to DX11. Microsoft Visual Redist thingies are fine as well since I have other games. So this is reeeally weird.

The build I'm using right now is 10586, which is the major build before this pile of sh*t Anniversary Update. Everything is working fine. 0% problems. Normal FPS and sound.

• Like 1
Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
4 minutes ago, Mitsuha said:

I did a reformat to "solve" it. Going through the trouble of reinstalling so many things. :( Since I cannot do a rollback anymore.

If anyone won't be able to rollback to solve the issue, then a reformat is I guess, the best solution since the Anniversary Update did not only ruin the performance of the game but the sound output as well. Sound is lowered and muffled. What a horrible thing for gamers. D*ck move Microsoft.

I'm running a GTX 970 (nvidia), and performing your solution won't solve it. It did increase the FPS by 5-10 though. Using an older driver didn't help as well. It's somehow related to how 3D rendering is done. My DirectX is completely fine, with DX9c up to DX11. Microsoft Visual Redist thingies are fine as well since I have other games. So this is reeeally weird.

The build I'm using right now is 10586, which is the major build before this pile of sh*t Anniversary Update. Everything is working fine. 0% problems. Normal FPS and sound.

Im sorry for your suffer :( 
D*ck move indeed, Microsoft. Also, remember to turn off auto-update, which I believe Microsoft will still ninja-update something despite that :/

By the way, what's your name?:gc13:

Link para o comentário

Mitsuha    18
6 hours ago, Roflolmao said:

Im sorry for your suffer :( 
D*ck move indeed, Microsoft. Also, remember to turn off auto-update, which I believe Microsoft will still ninja-update something despite that :/

By the way, what's your name?:gc13:

Lol i was ninja-updated that's true, i thought it was just some cumulative update or a hotfix. Then the next day all of my games including GC went FPS dry. I'm on reddit all day hoping for a thread discussing a fix, then i've found one, updated the drivers, reused the older ones, removed xbox app, etc.  Sadly those didn't fix GC. This one didn't either. So a reformat is the only option i have.

Now I've turned off the windows update in the Services which i believe will be permanent. With that turned off, updates won't download/install. (according to google)

Looks like I'm gonna stay on this build for little while. 10856

name's Caido btw. I'm a new member of the Goat guild, I came from another guild called Angels, but it's boring and no one there speaks english so I moved to yours. lol :gc2:

Link para o comentário

Roflolmao    116
1 hour ago, Mitsuha said:

Lol i was ninja-updated that's true, i thought it was just some cumulative update or a hotfix. Then the next day all of my games including GC went FPS dry. I'm on reddit all day hoping for a thread discussing a fix, then i've found one, updated the drivers, reused the older ones, removed xbox app, etc.  Sadly those didn't fix GC. This one didn't either. So a reformat is the only option i have.

Now I've turned off the windows update in the Services which i believe will be permanent. With that turned off, updates won't download/install. (according to google)

Looks like I'm gonna stay on this build for little while. 10856

name's Caido btw. I'm a new member of the Goat guild, I came from another guild called Angels, but it's boring and no one there speaks english so I moved to yours. lol :gc2:

I was actually referring to the movie film "Your Name" actually, xD
Oh and welcome to the guild, though the guild now is full at the moment, woops.

• Like 1
Link para o comentário

Mitsuha    18
1 minute ago, Roflolmao said:

I was actually referring to the movie film "Your Name" actually, xD

AHRG! HOW DID I MISS THAT?!!10 i think im a bit tired

lol. anyway, thanks :)

• Like 1
Link para o comentário

Participe da conversa

Você pode postar agora e se cadastrar mais tarde. Se você tem uma conta, faça o login para postar com sua conta.

Visitante
Responder

×   Você colou conteúdo com formatação.   Remover formatação

Apenas 75 emojis são permitidos.

×   Seu link foi automaticamente incorporado.   Mostrar como link

×   Seu conteúdo anterior foi restaurado.   Limpar o editor

×   Não é possível colar imagens diretamente. Carregar ou inserir imagens do URL.

• Criar Novo...